Travel on an illuminated train this Christmas
Journey from New Romney to Hythe on the 3:00 or 4:20 this November or December to enjoy the illuminated carriages.
Santa Special dates:
- 27th November – 3:00 and 4:20
- 28th November – 3:00 and 4:20
- 4th December – 3:00 Sold Out 4:20 Available
- 5th December – Sold Out
- 11th December – Sold Out
- 12th December – Sold Out
- 18th December – Sold Out
- 19th December – Sold Out
- 21st December – 3:00 and 4:20
- 22nd December – 3:00 and 4:20
- 23rd December – 3:00 and 4:20
- 24th December – Sold Out
Celebrating 40 years of Santa Specials
The Romney, Hythe & Dymchurch Railway has been running its popular Santa Specials since 1981. Although a lot has changed in the past 40 years the core of the experience remains the same- steam trains and Santa Claus.
Santa Special’s include:
• Train journey from New Romney (TN28 8PL) to Hythe and return.
• A visit to Santa in his Grotto.
• A quality, age related, gift for each child aged 1-15 yrs.
• Seasonal refreshments.
• A visit to the Model Railway Exhibition at New Romney before your train journey begins.
Journey: New Romney Station (TN28 8PL) to Hythe Station.
Bonus Bug rides at Hythe
Locomotive no.4, The Bug, traditionally only pulling Santa, will this year specially be pulling coaches for families to ride the length of the platform (subject to availability). Location: Platform 3 at Hythe.
Complimentary children’s activity sheets
Each child will receive an RH&DR activity sheet. Please bring your own pencils.
Wrap up warm – we always advise our passengers to wrap up warm during the winter months. We will try to keep queues to a minimum but some queuing may happen outdoors. You’re welcome to bring a blanket for extra cosiness on the train journey.