- Customers can access personalised real-time info over Messenger and WhatsApp
- Service alerts customers to busy trains, platform changes and delays
- Alternative travel route information a click away
East Midlands Railway (EMR) customers can now access customised travel information after the company launched its new messenger service.
EMR Messenger provides customers with personalised journey updates, including details of real-time disruption, alternative travel routes and busyness alerts, all delivered via the popular Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp channels.
Customers can opt-in to the service on either channel by visiting the live journey information page on EMR’s website and clicking ‘Keep Me Updated’ or alternatively by searching for EMR directly on Facebook Messenger.
Personalised WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger alerts will then keep customers fully informed about their journey, including:
- Real-time messaging, disruption alerts, alternative routes, platform changes, and delay repay messaging.
- Journey planning and routing around disruption and predicted issues in real-time.
- Busyness alerts, based on unique forecast demand data proven to be scientifically accurate by the University of Birmingham.
- Journey watch: the option to select regular journeys and sign up for ‘push only’ updates, meaning customers will be informed if anything might affect their journey.
Customers using the service on Facebook Messenger will also be able to access extra information, including:
- Now & Next: a snapshot of the journey, on demand, including current arrival times, interchange details and multi-modal information all in one place.
- Last mile support: welcome message before arriving at their destination offering onward journey support via all available transport modes (bus, e-scooters, taxi, walking, and cycling).
- Customer service support: quick access to EMR’s customer service team and station facilities information.
EMR Messenger is powered by revolutionary AI and data prediction technology developed by Midlands-based company Zipabout who has pioneered the use of personalised information services for rail passengers across the UK.
The service will provide EMR with unprecedented insight into the way people use its network, enabling the planning of smarter journeys.
Neil Grabham, Customer Services Director at East Midlands Railway, said: “We are always looking at better ways to keep our customers up-to-date with the latest travel information when they take a journey with us.
“This new service will enable customers to take control and get personalised details tailored to their needs, making sure they only get the information that is relevant and important to them.”
Alex Froom, Chief Executive of Zipabout, said: “Real-time information tailored to each individual is essential to improve customer experience and confidence when travelling by rail, and EMR Messenger delivers that straight to the hands of passengers. No need for yet another travel app, just personalised support at the right time and through the channels they trust.”
For more information please visit – https://www.eastmidlandsrailway.co.uk/emr-messenger